Friday, April 16, 2010

Better Luck Next Time...

This year I thought it would be fun to participate in Dewey's Read-a-thon. They host a 24 hour read-a-thon twice a year--in April and October. It was scheduled for the 10th of April starting at 5AM and I didn't have any plans. I was SO excited to try it out. Until.... I had to pickup food (that was LATE!) from a co-op I participate in, do my sister-in-law's hair for her engagement pictures, attend a family birthday party, and do 3 haircuts. So, as you can probably guess, in the first 13 hours, I didn't do so great. I read 13 pages to be exact. GO ME! (Sarcasm.) Later that night, my husband went out of town for the night and my son had a sleepover at Grammy's house. I finally thought, THIS IS IT! Now I have 8 more hours until it ends and I can read to my little heart's content! Not the case. I was exhausted and fell asleep reading. :( I did try though! Like the title says, better luck next time!

2 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Meg, let us know when the next one is for sure, and maybe we can all band together and read a ton!

Stacy said...

ha ha, that's kinda funny! I guess because if I tried to do something like that, I would end up with worse results!