Thursday, June 23, 2011

Possession by Elana Johnson

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.
 
I have a quick story--bear with me. I started reading this book last Thursday night. Friday morning, I woke up and my cell phone was freaking out. It was answering itself when I wasn't even in the room, it was sending blank or half-written texts to everyone I know, and I couldn't figure out a way to make it stop (and I seriously tried everything--short of flushing down the toilet). Then, I've been trying to post a review for this book all week, and my computer wouldn't cooperate. It was like all my electronic devices were possessed. Coincidence? I think not. Creepy? Um...yeah.
 
Anyway, I FINALLY got everything to obey my every whim so I could post my review for this awesome book. I literally loved pretty much everything about this book. Even during the times when I was thinking, "What the heck (Yes, I say heck. It's a Utah thing.) is happening?!?!???", I still was completely drawn to this book. The only thing I can say was a tad annoying was how dramatic Vi and Jag were. There were a few times when I wanted to slap them and say, "Get over yourselves!". I resisted though, and forged onward in my reading.
 
When I got to the end of this book, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry. I hate very strongly dislike that no one is apparently able to write a stand-alone novel, but this is one series I am really looking forward to reading more of. I am glad that this book isn't a sad, solitary book, because I want more time to get to know Jag and Vi and Zenn.
 
Please add this to your pile of books to read. As a matter of fact, just put it on top of the pile. Better yet, put down whatever you are reading and start this. Like, yesterday.
 
Happy Reading!

***EDIT: This was supposed to post yesterday. I have no explanation for why it didn't, other than to prove my point that my computer is "possessed". Sorry!

No comments: