Tuesday, May 03, 2011

These are the days of our lives....

Or my life anyway. I can even describe my life lately in one word for you. Hectic. Tiring. Full. Busy. Fun. Blessed. Take your pick.

Have you ever been in a reading slump? I'm totally in a reading slump. Not by choice, but more by circumstance. Yesterday I read a whole chapter and I was so excited I wanted to throw myself a party. Sad. I have just had so much going on, and the month of May is going to be even worse. I have 14 birthdays, a wedding, an anniversary, a vacation, a niece visiting for a few weeks, and a marathon (for my husband. I'm so not a runner.) all this month. Plus my baby is trying to cut his first tooth. Joy.

It's not that I don't want to read. It's just that by the time I get everything else done--running my child to school, picking him up, sports, work, various appointments, cooking, cleaning, rocking a fussy baby until he falls into an exhausted sleep in the wee hours of the morning-- I have been too worn out to do much of anything. I open a book and my brain automatically goes into shut down mode and I'm sleeping before I've read more than a few words.

Am I the only one this happens to???

What do you do when you're in a slump? How do you get out of it?

I need some serious help.

(And if you don't see a review this week, don't throw stones. I'll try, but I can't promise anything!)

Oh yeah.... Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh I am stuck in a slump as well! I think I keep just digging my hole deeper and deeper. There are so many things I want to read right now that I don't even know where to start. If I had the time to start! oh I have read about 5 pages of The Demon King in a week and feel great about it! I haven't even looked at my lesson for sunday! All I can think of is 'sleep, sleep, sleep'. It is really pathetic! So when you get motivated to read again, throw a stone at me and get me going too! :)