Monday, May 09, 2011

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

THIS IS THE THIRD BOOK IN A SERIES. DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW (YET) UNLESS YOU HAVE READ Wings AND Spells.

If you want to read my reviews of these books, Click Here for Wings and Click Here for Spells.
Thanks!

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.
But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.
 
(Pause for girl-ish squeal)
 
After a long, relaxing weekend of reading (my three-year-old told me, "Mom, for Mother's Day you just sit back and relax. How about you watch TV and read a book... at the same time!" He knows me well.), I am proud to say that I actually finished a book! It happened to be this book, Illusions, that I have been waiting on for, well, since I read the last page of book two early last summer. We'll just say FOR. EVER. I can say that this was my absolute favorite book in the series so far....and also my absolute least favorite.
 
After I read Spells, I had a pretty good idea where things would go in the story--and I was right. I was so happy that Tamani played a bigger role in this book. I Heart Tamani. Love, love. Yum. Anyway, I wasn't really sure what the premise of the book would be, I just knew that Tam would be in it and that made my heart smile. At one point-- like, in book one-- I actually liked David. I thought he was a nice guy. Yeah, not so much. By the end of book two, I was not a David fan. Now I just feel bad for him. Team Tamani forever! :)
 
As for the plot, I didn't really understand what the big deal was. Anyone else have that thought? Everyone in the book was thinking "O.M.G.!" and I was thinking, Huh? What does that have to do with trolls? Aren't they the bad guys? As of right now I am confused about what the final book will be about. I don't want to give anything away because I really loved this book. I just feel like the author completely changed the "main problem." I still love the series though!
 
My original plan when I got this book in the mail last week was to read all the books in order. I think I might still do that and see if the story pieces together in my mind a bit better. This was the first "fairy" book I ever read and it would probably be accurate to say that it hooked me on YA books.
 
Have you read this series? What are your thoughts on this book?
 
Is it time for the final book yet??
 
Happy Reading!
 
( I love Tam. )

No comments: