Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November Book Club Pick

November's Book Club pick will be:

The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

Your future is not your own...

"We wanted to know what makes a good kid good and a bad kid bad. Can you blame us for that? We found an astoundingly, marvelously simple answer: The brain isn't so much a complicated machine as it is a crystal ball. If you look into it, you will see everything you want to know."
-Dr. Mark Miliken, senior researcher at Utopia Laboratories

Who will it be?

 Will the head cheerleader get pregnant?

 Is the student council president a secret drug addict?
The whole school is freaking out about PROFILE, an experimental program that can predict students' future behavior.

The only question Daphne wants answered is whether Jesse will ask her out...but he's a Predicted, and there's something about his future he's not telling her.


So I was at my local Sam's Club last week picking up some Halloween candy (among other things) when I stumbled across this book while perusing the novels--something I always do at Sam's Club because they generally have the best deals on books. Even better than Amazon, mostly. I was immediately intrigued by not only the cover but also by the very brief, somewhat vague blurb on the back of the book. Since it was only $6.50, I decided to pick it up and give it a shot. That afternoon, I read a bit more about it on Amazon and Goodreads, and I'm very intrigued. From what I've read about it, it's not as "Dystopian" as it sounds, which may work well for me since I'm quite picky about my Dystopian novels. I decided that I really wanted to read this for Book Club this month, so I hope you are all able to find a copy. Check your local stores. Some might carry it for cheaper than you're able to find it online. Hope you enjoy! The review for this book will be posted on Tuesday, November 29th. Can't wait to here what you all think!

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

Gramma-la said...

Just bought the book because of your blog!