Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2) by Tammara Webber

Graham Douglas doesn’t do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is.

Emma Pierce is forsaking an up-and-coming Hollywood career to embark on a life she’s only dreamed of—the life of a regular girl. After spending months burying her feelings for the two night-and-day guys who vied for her heart while filming her last movie, a twist of fate puts her in a coffee shop in the middle of Manhattan with the one she still misses.

Brooke Cameron was a fresh-faced Texas girl when she arrived in LA. Now she’s a beach sitcom star turned conceited heiress on the big screen. Having just survived three months on location with her ex—Hollywood’s reigning golden boy—she’s older and wiser and has set her sights on her close friend Graham. The only thing standing in her way is the girl he can’t forget.

Reid Alexander can sum up his life in one word: boring. Between film projects, there’s little going on outside of interviews, photo shoots, and the premiere of the film he finished last fall. The next-to-last thing he expects is to get a second chance with Emma, the girl who rejected him. The last thing he expects is for his still-bitter-ex to be the one to offer it to him on a platter.
Author Recommendation: Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)

First of all, I'm sorry this is late this week. You'd think that having a four-day weekend would be conducive with getting lots of reading done, but alas, it is not. Not when you have two wild little children and house guests all weekend. Anyway, my reviews this week will be on Wednesday (obviously) and Friday (we hope).

So, some of you may be surprised to see that I read the second book in this series seeing as I gave the first book, Between the Lines, a bit of a scathing review earlier this year. However, since reviewing Between the Lines, the author, Tammara Webber, contacted me. We started a bit of a correspondence, and I quite like her. I told her that I would read the next in the series when it came out, so here we are.

To be honest, I actually really liked this book. (What's with the tone of surprise!?!?) I'm not sure if it's because I could recognize Tammara's "voice" in her writing, or if it was because my favorite part of the first book (Graham and Emma) were the largest part of this book. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it was a combination. I probably wouldn't have ever read this book otherwise, and I'm very glad I did. While I still thought it was highly inappropriate for teenagers (Note the author's recommendation of appropriate audiences), I loved every second of the romance in it. I'm a sucker for a good love story.

By the time I finished the first book, Between the Lines, I hated Reid and felt sympathy for Brooke. This time around, it was the complete opposite, which I wasn't expecting. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I actually started to like Reid a little. Emphasis on "little". I think the final book in this series is about him, which I now look forward to reading next month when it's released. 

So, my NEW opinion: Read these, but only if you think you can handle them. They aren't for the faint of heart. There are mature elements in them, including strong language and sex. Consider yourself warned. :)

In case you've forgotten, I'm still working to get to 56 followers! If we make it to 56 followers, I'm going to give away a book of the winner's choice. If you don't recall this giveway, refresh your memory HERE. Please tell all your friends!! I'd much rather give a book to one of you than buy one for myself. Seriously. I love giving books away! And if you haven't entered, do it! Thanks.

Happy Reading!

No comments: