Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good For You by Tammara Webber

THIS IS THE FINAL BOOK IN A SERIES. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ Between the Lines AND Where You Are, THEN DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW YET.

 
Reid Alexander's life is an open book. His Hollywood celebrity means that everything he does plays out in the public eye. Every relationship, every error in judgment is analyzed by strangers. His latest mistake totaled his car, destroyed a house and landed him in the hospital. Now his PR team is working overtime to salvage his image. One thing is clear—this is one predicament he won’t escape without paying for it.

Dori Cantrell is a genuine humanitarian—the outward opposite of everything Reid is about. When his DUI plea bargain lands him under her community service supervision, she proves unimpressed with his status and indifferent to his proximity, and he soon wants nothing more than to knock her off of her pedestal and prove she's human.

Counting the days until his month of service is over, Dori struggles to ignore his wicked magnetic pull while shocking him with her ability to see past his celebrity and challenging him to see his own wasted potential. But Dori has secrets of her own, safely locked away until one night turns her entire world upside down. Suddenly their only hope for connection and redemption hinges on one choice: whether or not to have faith in each other.

Author Recommendation: Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)

I've said it before-- I hate Reid Alexander. It's old news, right?

It's also old news that I loved Emma and Graham. However, I really felt like their story was wrapped up nicely in Where You Are, so I was a little wary of "a third book" that was all about Reid. No Emma/Graham buffer? No thank you. Although to be honest, I started to thaw towards Reid by the end of the second book, and I was curious to find out how the series concluded.

Tammara Webber has told me multiple times to give Reid a chance--"He can change!" she says. So I started this book being cautiously optimistic. I figure, if the author is telling me to suck it up and give him a chance, it's for a good reason. :)

I ended up loving this book. Surprisingly, it was probably my favorite in the series-- even with Emma and Graham M.I.A. Dori actually turned out to be one of my favorite characters, and this is the only book she's in! I loved how genuinely service-oriented she was. And it was kind of funny to me that Reid was doing community service- even if it was court-ordered. It is the complete opposite of anything he would ever do, and I, like Dori, was surprised that he actually put effort into it. 

I know I wasn't very nice when I reviewed Between the Lines last year, but I take it all back-- if only so you can read Where You Are and Good for You (this book). I'm still not cracked up about the first book in this series, but these last two books more than make up for my issues with the first. I really hope you get a chance to read these, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. :)

Happy Reading!
 

No comments: