I can honestly say that I didn't read hardly at all this past month. Insanely, it's been kind of nice. December is always a hectic time of year for us, and it was a relief to not feel like I HAD to be reading.
That said.... I've missed it. I'm very glad to be back to work on this, my little labor of love. I hope you all had a great holiday! I especially hope you all got some fabulous books for Christmas. :)
Just so you all know, I will start reviews again next week, and I will follow (or try to!) the same schedule of posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As for right now, I wanted to do a little list of my favorite books from last year. So here's my....
Top 11 of 2011:
(Not in any specific order)**If you want to read my reviews of these books, all you have to do is click on the title.
- The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima
- Cross My Heart by Katie Klein
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- Hex Hall and Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver-- This is available for Kindle (or to read from your computer) on Amazon for $2.99 right now. It's a steal!
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
- I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
Now, here are 12 little beauties that I'm really looking forward to reading in 2012:
|Everneath by Brodi Ashton|
|The Selection by Kiera Cass|
|Insurgent by Veronica Roth|
|Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter|
|Destined by Aprilynne Pike|
|The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima|
|Embrace by Jessica Shirvington|
|Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins|
|Timepiece by Myra McEntire|
|Dreamless by Josephine Angelini|
|Elemental by Emily White|
|The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg|
Anyway, these are just a few of the books that I'm so excited for this year. I can't wait to get back to reviewing books, and hearing your thoughts on them.
What were your favorite books of 2011? What are you looking forward to in 2012?