Tuesday, August 02, 2011

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

I loved this book. The end.

This was probably the saddest book I've ever read. I can't even tell you how many times I cried while reading it. I was honestly surprised by how much I loved it since I usually shy away from books like this.

Isn't it crazy how books can affect a person? Since reading this, I've had a mini reality check. This book was a reminder to me of how quickly life can change. You just never know what could happen.

I thought that Mia's point of view was an interesting part of the book and I love that she was a cello player. I think that's the first time I've seen that in a YA book......

....Okay, let's get serious here. I absolutely loved this book, but I am having an incredibly difficult time reviewing it. I don't want to give anything away! I want you, the reader, to be able to experience this book as I did--knowing very little about it. So I'm just going to stop right here. When you read it (YES, WHEN--not if), then we can chat about it. I'd love to know what you think!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

oh I can't keep up with you and your books. Thanks for the call and the heads up on Waterfall! I will have lots of hrs in the car to get some reading done. As long as the kids are happy! Can't wait to see you next week!

Megan @ Reading for Refuge said...

@ Stacy: You should definitly read this one. I loved it!