Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Where is your regularly scheduled post?!?

Some of you might have noticed that I did not post a review yesterday for my regular Tues/Thurs posts. If not, RUDE. If so, here's why.

Last Thursday, I officially got a little bit dumber. It's true-- I had my wisdom teeth removed. All four of them. Yikes!

I was planning on taking some time off this month to recover. I didn't know how I'd handle it and how long I would need to heal, and let's face it: I've only ever heard horror stories about all the things that have gone wrong when getting teeth removed. I was totally freaked out, but I desperately needed it done. My jaw was hurting all the time and giving me headaches. It was just bad news. So anyway, I scheduled my appointment 3 weeks in advance so I could have time to prepare myself (mostly mentally. ha.). Last Thursday, when it was my turn to go back and meet with the doctor ( I had to go to an oral surgeon.) I was actually pretty calm....until they were about to put me out. Then I had a panic attack. I started crying and asked if I could kiss my husband before they knocked me out. That's the last thing I remember. Then I woke up and got the giggles, which I hear is good news since most people who go under crying, wake up crying. My husband said I was completely looney. Apparently I even called him a doofus. True story. (So I'm told.)

Anyway, it wasn't nearly as bad as I prepared myself for. It's been 6 days, and I haven't really been in any pain. I've mostly been worn out--which my two young children may or may not have contributed to. :)

Anyway, I've been reading, and I will have posts up starting again next Tuesday, but this week I'm just going to sit back and relax and re-learn how to chew.....like a doofus.

Happy Reading! 

1 comment:

Cortney Pearson said...

Glad you made it through! I had mine removed back in high school and I looked like a chipmunk for several days. :-p