Thursday, July 05, 2012

Starring Me by Krista McGee

Release Date: July 10, 2012
Kara McKormick is told she's auditioning to star in a new teen variety show. But it's what she isn't told that could change her life.

The feisty New Yorker moves to sunny Orlando to participate in a month-long audition, where she'll live with nine other contestants and an eccentric housemother. Kara knows that the show already has a big-time celebrity lined up for the co-host, but she doesn't know who it is.

Chad Beacon quickly rose to fame after winning America's Next Star, but he doesn't want his entire career to be about singing. There is so much more he wants to do-like act. The new variety show sounds like the perfect next step for him, but his parents want him to have a co-star who shares his faith since they'll be spending so much time together.

Acting is high on Kara's priority list. But a relationship with God? Not so much. In fact, she's tried to stay away from anything religious. But God is after Kara's heart and He's put people in her life who are showing her there's far more to Christianity than rules and judgment.

And just when it seems that Kara's going to have to give up her acting dream, God reveals that she may have a starring role after all-in a story so big only He could write it.

This is a companion book to First Date that was released earlier this year. I would highly recommend reading that book before reading this. You can read my review of First Date by clicking HERE.

I think I am officially a Krista McGee fan. Are her books fairly predictable? Yes. Do they have plenty of fluff in them? Also yes. Do I love them even more because of that? Absolutely. I wasn't so sure about the Christianity element when I read First Date but I thought it was refreshing in this book.

I really liked Kara. She was sassy and confident and lovable--and not in an obnoxious way. I thought she was such a great character. I am glad that Addy and Jonathan made guest appearances in this book. I was hoping there would be more to their story when I finished the first book in this "series".


I don't want to have to do a spoiler alert in this post at all, so just know that I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it, but make sure you read the books in order! Even though this is a companion book, you still need to read the first book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Now, I want to let you all know, THERE WILL BE NO REVIEWS NEXT WEEK (July 10th and 12th). I'll be back to posting on Tuesday, July 17th. See you on the flip side! (That is such a lame saying, but I couldn't resist. I've always wanted to work it into a conversation.... I figured this was close enough!)

Happy Reading!

**I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of review.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I just finished First Date and loved it! I was hoping to get on and buy this but now I have to wait another 4 days! ugh!