Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Amazing Grace by Megan Shull


Gorgeous teen superstar Grace Kincaid has it all- an electric smile, million-dollar endorsement deals, and blond cover-girl looks. But what happens when America's "It" girl doesn't want "It" anymore? And right there, in her custom-made Nike warm-ups, tears streaming down her face, Grace says the three magic words. Three simple words-and her new life begins. For the hottest girl on the planet, life's about to change.


I have to say, I really liked this book. The chapters are short--some of them just a few sentences--and are separated by short, and sometimes silly headings, like "three zillion years later"...

The story was one many girls can relate to--not the whole "tennis star turned hideout extrordinaire" but being a teenager and realizing one day that you don't have a clue who you are or what you are doing, and the journey of finding yourelf. I thought it was well written- a quick read. Grace was the first female character in a book that I have liked in quite a while. She was...REAL. I feel like every time I've picked up a book lately, the male character has been so strong-- because he HAS to be drool-worthy, but in the process the females get, well, overlooked. I just genuinely liked this book. It wasn't a romance. It was just a book about a girl finding herself. Definitely read!!

No comments: