Monday, March 29, 2010

Santa Maybe by Aubrey Mace


Dear Santa,


I've been a good girl this year. (Well . . . pretty good.) I have a nice life and there's only one thing that I really want one thing that's missing. If you happen to have an extra one lying around your workshop, I would really like a husband. I promise to take good care of him.

Love, Abbie


With a successful bakery to run, super cute nieces and nephews to spoil, and plenty of good friends to keep her company, Abbie s not about to start crying over the fact that she s doesn't have a boyfriend to spend Christmas with. But when her sister convinces her to write a note to Santa, Abbie has no idea that a little Christmas magic is about to land her the man of her dreams. Or rather, that man is about to land smack dab on the floor in front of her Christmas tree with no memory of how he got there.



Now Abbie and Ben have to figure out where he came from, who he really is, and if he's actually available.

I know what you are all thinking... WHAT IN THE HECK IS SHE DOING READING A CHRISTMAS BOOK IN MARCH?!?!?! Well, let me tell you. I heard about this book late last year and have had it on hold at the library FOREVER! Seriously? I think when I put in on hold I was #184 in line. Ok, maybe not that high, but it was in the fifties at least. :) And you want to know what? I read it in about 2 hours. I think it was a little less than 200 pages. And I waited 4 months for it!!!

It was a little strange for me to read about a woman in her mid-thirties after reading SO MANY Young Adult novels. I'm used to reading about 16 year olds... But overall, I liked this book. There were things about it that I didn't love. However, I have to say that it was a good choice for a light read-- it made me smile (and made me want cupcakes), and I didn't have to really concentrate on it as I was reading. My mind could wander here and there and I didn't feel like I had to go back 3 chapters to figure out what I missed. It was slow at times (Is that possible in a 200 page book that only spans a week???) but like I said, it was just a fun, feel-good read. Fluff. I needed some fluff. It was a fun Christmas-time story, but also great to read any time of the year when you just "need a little Christmas, right this very minute." Word of advice though, if you put it on hold at the library now, you may be in luck and get it around Christmas. MAYBE. Good luck!


2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks so much for your review of Santa Maybe! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I had no idea it was so popular at the library-- you seriously made my day!

Stacy said...

I must say that you are one amazing woman to read that much. You aspire me to read maybe 1 book, cover to cover, in 2010! Maybe with following your blog I might actually exceed my goal!