Friday, March 19, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


High school sophomore Nora Grey, a dedicated student striving for a college scholarship, lives with her widowed mother in a country farmhouse outside Portland, ME. When Patch, her new biology partner, is suddenly thrust into her life, Nora is both attracted to his charm and put off by his inexplicable awareness of her thoughts. Eventually, she learns that he is a fallen angel who wants to become human. She is susceptible to his control, but other forces are at work as well, and Nora finds herself caught in the middle of dangerous situations and unexplainable events.

Hmmm... where do I begin?? I picked up this book one day, read the first few sentences, and didn't want to put it down. Nora? Not a huge fan. But Patch?? "Please sir, may I have another??" ;) I loved this character. The danger, the mystery, the nice butt... wait a minute... Anyway--he just OOZES sex appeal. What girl HASN'T fantasized about a bad boy? If you say you haven't, I'm calling your bluff. Patch is so many sexy literary characters rolled in to one. How convenient.

I desperately wanted to love this book! But...I really think it was Patch that got me through it-- after about two-thirds of the book, I was a bit confused about where it was going. And by the end, I was, well, scratching my head. To be honest, I was more than a little bit bummed. All of those things I loved... gone. :( If you have already picked this one up, then you maybe know what I mean. I don't know if I want to read the next one, Crescendo-- I just don't think it'd be the same. I guess I'll read reviews after it comes out and decide then. :(

No comments: