Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Once Upon A Marigold by Jean Ferris

Christian is gaga for Princess Marigold. But he's just a commoner, and no match for royalty. Heck, he lives in a cave with a troll! And now he's discovered another reason to put his love-soggy heart on ice: Queen Olympia is scheming to take over the kingdom--and she'll bump off her own daughter to do it. Can Christian foil her diabolical plans?

I have heard mixed reviews of this book, so don't mind me if I add one more the pile. Although this book was absurdly predictable, I really enjoyed it. I thought Ed was hysterical with his goofy, mixed-up sayings. I thought Christian was sweet and very likable. I liked Marigold's character, if only because she reminded me of, well, me. And I am pretty likable myself. ;) Marigold is quiet but strong when she has to be and she is always taking care of things. She always has AT LEAST one book with her (this is the part that made me chuckle at the thought of the 3 books weighing down my purse right now). And she'd do just about anything to make the people that she loves happy.

Like I said, it's predictable. I figured out where the storyline would go within a few pages. And I was right. But that didn't matter to me because it was just such a "feel good" story. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's clean for young girls and will give you (ahem) older (cough, cough) women like me a warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart. :) Happy Reading!

No comments: