Thursday, July 08, 2010

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro

Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She's a junior now— older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems: (1) The bank's ready to foreclose on her childhood home. (2) Her father's too busy with his "replacement" daughter to care. (3) Her best friend's brother is an eternal thorn in her side. (4) Her best friend isn't exactly the rose attached to that thorn. (5) Rumors are flying around school that could get her kicked off the volleyball team, which would (6) ruin all chances of a college scholarship. (7) She still likes the boy who dumped her in the first place. (8) And what in the world do you do with an unworn prom dress, anyway? Strangely, it's getting to the bottom of this last dilemma that just might hold the answer to all Nic's problems. (Book Description from Good Reads)

Last night around 11, I was laying in bed, unable to sleep. So I picked up this book and started reading. Two hours, a few tissues, and a lot of chuckles later, I finished it. I loved this book. It was the perfect feel-good, fluff book. Sometimes a girl just needs a sappy love story. I don't remember how I heard about this book, but I'm so glad I did.

Poor little Nicolette (and yes, she IS little-- under 5'2" by description) just runs into one problem after another and for every one good deed she does, about 10 bad things follow it. The major thing
I really loved about this book was that it was so real. It reminded me in some ways of my high school experiences- from misunderstandings with friends, to dating and guys, to just trying to make it through every stressful, drama-filled day.

I loved Jared. I loved his role in the book and I loved that while he was fiercely protective, he was spunky and a little hot-headed (for all the perfect reasons). He is constantly described as just a really good guy. Oh yeah, and he's hot, hot, hot. What is a good book without some manly stud?

I had mixed feelings about Alison, Nic's best friend and Jared's younger sister. She wasn't my favorite  character, but let's be real-- I've read about worse. She was a good friend that did some dumb things and occasionally reacted badly. If you try to tell me that you've never been guilty of that, you can add "liar" to your list of faults. ;) I know I've done it a time or two.

Overall another great read... I'm on a roll! Enjoy!

No comments: