Thursday, September 02, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

I don't know if I can rave enough about this trilogy, so here I go again. When I read this (just barely and for the first time last October) I liked it a million times more than the first, which is next to impossible since I absolutely loved The Hunger Games. Now, having read the final installment as well, I have to say that this is still my very favorite of the three.

I love everything about this book. Honestly, I can't think of a single thing I would change about the story and the direction the author took it. Things that I still am:
-Brokenhearted for Peeta
-Loving Cinna and his amazing outfits
-In awe (and not in a good way) of the Quarter Quell
-Trying to mentally shove Katniss and Peeta together
-Flogging Haymitch in my head
-Cringing at Gale's punishment
I saw a girl at Sam's Club today buying Mockingjay (the final book in the trilogy) and it made me chuckle because she was the epitomy of Johanna Mason in my head. Really-- exactly how I pictured her. It made me want to read this book all over again--even though I just read it a few days ago. :) Another great read. How could it NOT be though?? :) Happy Reading!

No comments: