Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Shadow of the Moon by Rachel Hawthorne

Hayden was born a werewolf, a Dark Guardian. But her ability to sense the feelings of fellow werewolves has made her life unbearable. She runs away, only to be tracked by charming, mysterious Daniel, a newcomer to the pack and the one Shifter immune to her powers. As she reluctantly follows him home, Hayden finds herself falling dangerously in love. . . .

But even as her feelings for Daniel deepen, Hayden begins to wonder if he is who he claims to be. Where did he come from and why has no one ever seen him transform? When they stumble upon the body of a Shifter still in wolf form, her worries grow. Someone is killing her kind. Is her handsome tracker really a hunter? And is Hayden now his prey?
 
There have been three Dark Guardian novels before this one. I read all three of them last year. I have to say, in the nicest way possible--Rachel Hawthorne, I think you have beat this horse to death. It's time to move on.
 
I think each book has gotten more and more cheesy. Any more cheese, and you could feed a small country. Seriously. The villain in this book was so far-fetched. The romance felt lacking and the character development was just sad. I know these books aren't known for their depth, but c'mon. This wasn't even a puddle. It makes me wonder if Ms. Hawthorne is getting as tired of writing them as I am of reading them? Don't get me wrong, I liked the other three--obviously, or I wouldn't have read this one--but three was definitely the charm. She should have stopped there.
 
Alright then--I'm done with the cheesy (Get it?? haha I had to throw in more in for good measure) lines. It's all just fluff. Read if you want some REALLY light, you-could-read-it-if-you-were-braindead material.
 
Happy Reading!

No comments: