Thursday, August 23, 2012

Persuasion: A Latter-day Tale by Rebecca H. Jamison

When Anne broke off her engagement seven years ago, she thought she'd never see Neil Wentworth again. But when Neil's brother buys the house she grew up in, it seems fate has other plans in store, and Anne is woefully unprepared for the roller coaster of emotions that accompanies Neil's return. Fans of Persuasion will love this fast-paced, modern retelling of Jane Austen's most romantic novel.

I was actually kind of disappointed after reading this. It's not that it was a bad story (Hello?!?! It's based on Jane Austen!), but it just didn't do it for me. As you all know, I'm a sucker for a good romance. What you may not know is that I am really, really picky about modern day romances. While I thought this was a decent retelling of a great romance, it wasn't for me.

I don't really know what else to say about this book. I liked characters fine and the storyline was fine and it was all just fine. Maybe that was the problem--the story was more like this:   ---------------------- than this: ---/\_^\/.....{---}.....!!...._>___<___ ---="---" :=":" does="does" lol="lol" make="make" sense="sense" span="span" that="that"> I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wanted more life to the book than it had. More depth, more feeling, just MORE.

Like I said, this wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't my favorite romance I've ever read. But it was clean, so I would recommend it because of that. 

Happy Reading! 

No comments: