Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see?
 
I absolutely love the cover of this book. Unfortunately, that's about all I love about it. 
 
This was one of the S.L.O.W.E.S.T. books I've read in a really long time. And it didn't even have a spectacular ending. I actually don't think it ever had a climax or any twists. It pretty much flat-lined. Period. And Aislinn, YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE DOING SUCH DIRTY THINGS WITH SUCH DIRTY GUYS. (It doesn't go into detail, but you can totally put the pieces together of what happened by the description after) Just sayin... 
 
I wouldn't recommend this. Not for that-- just because I've simply read WAY better fairy books. If you really want a good fairy (faery...I say potato, you say potahto...blah blah blah) book, read Wings by Aprilynne Pike. Don't waste precious reading time on this bland ol' thing.

1 comment:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Agreed!! I hoped you wouldn't like it, since I didn't either! ha ha! :) I didn't bother with the rest of the series.