Friday, December 31, 2010

My Top 10 of 2010

I read so many good books this year (with some duds thrown in for good measure, of course). I wanted to compile a little list for all of you who are looking for some great reading material or are just curious about what my favorites were as I did my 100 in 2010 Reading Challenge. So, here they are. I wanted to to them in order, but I really couldn't rank them. They were all so good. (P.S. To save you a little time, click on the title of the book and read my review!)

  1. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer 
  2. Matched by Ally Condie 
  3. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher 
  4. The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller 
  5. The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima  **This is the 2nd book in a series. The first book is called The Demon King. I didn't give the first book a stellar review, but I totally take it back after reading this. I LOVED THIS BOOK. I even bought them both and plan on reading them again soon.
  6. Torment by Lauren Kate **Again, the 2nd book in a series. First is called Fallen. Liked the first, LOVED the second.
  7. Wings by Aprilynne Pike **To read my review of the second book in this series, click here. I love this series!!
  8. The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum  **Also the 2nd book in a series. The first is The Hourglass Door. I read this last year, so I don't have a review for it on my blog. I will tell you, I liked it, but I LOVED the second. That happened a lot this year.
  9. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins  I am still debating about this book and it's been months since I read it. That's just how it is. Here are my reviews of the first 2 books: Hunger Games and Catching Fire.
  10. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
What a fun year this has been! I won't lie-- this challenge was crazy hard at times. Especially having a newborn in my house these last few months. I am so glad I set this goal for myself this year and actually ACCOMPLISHED it! I hope you'll all stick around for 2011 to see what other good reads I can find!

Also, I signed up for a fun challenge for January that you are more than welcome to join me in doing. I am possibly the only person in America that has never read the Harry Potter books, so I am doing a "Potter-thon" hosted by Pure Imagination. I'm excited to read the entire series in January! Anyone want to get a crazy hair and do it with me??? :)

Happy New Year everyone!  (With 10 minutes to spare too!)

No comments: