Wednesday, February 23, 2011

B.L.A.???

Do you think there is a such thing as Book Lover's Anonymous??

"Hello, my name is Megan, and I am addicted to reading." (All: Hello Megan.)

In the past 5 days, I have purchased 6 new books. Yes, 6. Holy Cow.
  • Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  • Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
  • Timeless by Alexandra Monir
These were all purchased on Saturday. Then, two nights ago, I was talking to my husband because I lost a book that I bought for myself for Christmas (that he was supposed to wrap up and give to me) but I really don't recall ever opening that present, and it just occured to me that it hasn't made an appearance on my bookshelf. As I was searching everywhere for it, my husband said to me, "Maybe it's a sign that you have too many books."

Seriously??

Is there even such a thing?? Sacrilege is what I say to that.

Anyway, I've been so bummed about not being able to find that book, that today I caved and bought not just one, but THREE new books. (I should mention that none of them was a replacement to the book I lost-- I know, where's the sense in that?) So, now being sent to my doorstep are:
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, Bk. 2) by Rachel Hawkins-- Yes, Hex Hall is THAT good. And I'm not even completely through it yet!
  • Stork by Wendy Delsol
  • Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble

Don't tell my husband. I'll never live it down. :) Now I have to find room for them all on my bookshelf...

Now I have to ask,
What books are you dying to read this year??

Happy Reading!!


***EDIT: Can I admit to something?? I just looked back at my past Amazon orders... I never ordered the book I thought I'd lost. I really thought I had, but now I see what I got instead, I remember... Oops. Now seriously don't tell my husband. hahaha ....I feel dumb now about searching for it forever. :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

If you don't have room on your bookshelf feel free to mail some of them my way! I will take good care of them for a while. And then send them back! :)