Friday, April 08, 2011

Stork by Wendy Delsol


Sixteen-year-old Katla LeBlanc has just moved from Los Angeles to Minnesota. As if it weren’t enough that her trendy fashion sense draws stares, Katla soon finds out that she’s a Stork, a member of a mysterious order of women tasked with a very unique duty. But Katla’s biggest challenge may be finding her flock at a new school. Between being ignored by Wade, the arrogant jock she stupidly fooled around with, and constantly arguing with gorgeous farm boy and editor-in-chief Jack, Katla is relieved when her assignment as the school paper’s fashion columnist brings with it some much-needed friendship. But as Homecoming approaches, Katla uncovers a shocking secret about her past — a secret that binds her fate to Jack’s in a way neither could have ever anticipated.

I really liked a lot of things about this book.

I liked the clever, original storyline. I probably say this too often, but how do people come up with these things?? This is exactly why I don't attempt to write. How could I compete with so many awesome ideas and books? Along with a great story, I think it's important that it flows well, and Stork does. I was hooked from page one!

The characters were great-- and there were quite a few of them. I mostly enjoyed Katla and Jack's interactions. Why do I love that they hate each other? I don't know. But it adds to the story, and it gets explained--the WHY they hate each other. I just like that there's some conflict. It makes everything less boring, don't you think?

There were one or two things that didn't quite make sense to me. I didn't get why they were in the book and how they connected, but nothing really took away from my positive opinion of this book. I think this is one worth reading, if only just to experince a different tale than all the fairly similar ones out there.

Don't forget about the giveaway going on! It runs through next Thursday, April 14th. For more information, click the link at the top-right side of the page (above my profile).

Happy Reading!

No comments: