Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 2011 Read-A-Thon: How I Did

I didn't do as well as I hoped. I threw in the towel at about Hour 18 1/2. I really tried, but I just couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. Kids tend to have that effect.

I found myself sitting in bed, trying to read, and I kept gradually sliding down to a laying position. After re-adjusting countless times, I finally took the hint and turned out the light.

Anyway, I got almost halfway through my second book, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Total I read about 500 pages, which is pretty amazing since I had so many things going on yesterday. I told my husband when the next Read-A-Thon comes around, I'm going to get a hotel room for myself for the weekend so I don't have any distractions. Chances of the actually happening? Slim to none. It's a nice thought though.

I'm happy with how I did, considering that last year I read less than 100 pages. Maybe it'll just get better and better each time!

I hope you all had a great time participating, if you did. And if you didn't participate, it's definitely something to consider doing at least once. It's a fun little challenge, and it's only twice a year. That gives you plenty of time to plan ahead for it. The next one will be the beginning of October. If you want more information about it, let me know. Until then...

Happy Reading! 

No comments: