Friday, November 26, 2010

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

!!SPOILER ALERT!!
IF YOU ARE READING, OR WANT TO READ THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES, DO NOT READ THIS!!
For Rose Hathaway, everything seems out of kilter. Ever since she made her first Strigoi kills, a dark shadow has been creeping over her. Looming in the background, too, is another realization: If she follows her forbidden love for guardian Dimitri Belikov, she might lose her best friend forever. And these sleep-shaking worries couldn't have come at a worse time. The immortal unloving are prowling everywhere, famished for vengeance against her.

This book picks up a few weeks after Mason's death and Rose is still dealing with his loss. I have to say, when Mason died in Frostbite, I was shocked! I wasn't expecting it, so this book was weird-- I had to get used to him not being in it. Also, I was so happy about Rose and Dimitri at the end of the last book, and then it's back to them avoiding each other in this one. Although, I have to say, I was hooked from the first line in this book. Poor Rose. If only she could get out of Lissa's head. haha

By the end of this book, I was broken-hearted...yet again. Another GIGANTIC and morbid twist left me completely shocked. The more I read this series, the more I can't put them down. I just love Rose. She's so sassy, and she can definitely hold her own.

Luckily I had the next book in the series on hand as soon as I finished this, so I couldn't stop myself from immediately picking it up. It was THAT BIG of a cliffhanger-- the saddest one yet.

READ THIS SERIES!
It's like a giant rollercoaster of emotions, but in a good way. :)

No comments: