Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti

Scarlet spends most of her time worrying about other people. Some are her friends, others are practically strangers, and then there are the ones no else even notices. Trying to fix their lives comes naturally to her. And pushing her own needs to the side is part of the deal. So when her older sister comes home unexpectedly married and pregnant, Scarlet has a new person to worry about. But all of her good intentions are shattered when the unthinkable happens: she falls for her sister’s husband. For the first time in a long time, Scarlet’s not fixing a problem, she’s at the center of one. And ignoring her feelings doesn’t seem to be an option...


Yes, this is as weird as it sounds. Actually, thinking about it, I think the person who recommended it to me said this, "I know it sounds weird, but I loved it. You should definitely read this." Let me say, I did NOT share her enthusiasm for this book. I actually thought it was tacky and a bit offensive. Shame on Scarlet for trying to make a move on her knocked-up sister's husband. Gross. I could totally see this happening somewhere in the world as I am writing this and it makes me sick. What a messed up world! And the fact that an author can't find something better to write about bothers me.

Anyway... Yuck. This was a stupid book. (For lack of a better word.) Don't bother.

No comments: